9.18.2008

...And Away We Go!


If you don't know, I am turning 30 on Sunday. Many people have asked me "if I am ready" or how I feel about it". The truth is, I am glad. My 20's were ridiculous (especially the 1st half!), and I am glad they are coming to an end.

I do acknowledge, however, that this is my 1st BIG birthday in the grand scheme of things. So, I wanted to do something a little bigger than I normally would. I decided, since I am on a bit of a spiritual quest as of late, that we would go to Sedona.

Sedona, if you don't know, is a small town in Arizona that has a strong reputation for natural beauty and spirituality. We are leaving this morning, after we drop the dogs off at camp. It is about a 5 hour drive. Thankfully Mark and I get along well enough to survive these things. We will drive back Sunday (my birthday).

Unlike my normal self, I have not planned out every detail of the trip. It's part of my transformation to be less strict and less controlling. I do want to get to Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village. I am not a huge crafts person, but it looks like a really cool place. Also, I have scheduled a holistic pedicure. You can read more about that here. I am, also, planning a 1 hour meditation session near one of the famed vortexes. Lastly, I am on the lookout for a kyanite pendant or ring.

Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you for all my birthday wishes!!!

No comments: