3.27.2009

Summer Cooking

Even though I'm not a hot weather person, there are some things I truly love about the summer. Many of which, involving eating...or more specifically, how and what I eat.

For example, I adore ice tea in the summer. Strong. Unsweetened. And, lots of it.

I, also, find that we tend to crave lighter meals and fresher ingredients. Fruits, vegetables, salads...it seems almost instictual.

Anyway, I want to try to post some lighter recipes from my cookbooks. One of them is even called summer cooking. So, get out the ice tea maker and clean off the patio furniture...here is my 1st one.

Rosemary-Lemon Chicken

This can be served hot or cold, with a salad, some grilled vegetables, or a light pasta. And, it's even better with your favorite Chardonnay!

Whisk together:
1 cup of water
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup EVOO
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tsp. fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp. of dried)

Poke chicken breasts with a fork a few times, and marinate for about 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs, and cook on a foil lined cookie sheet for about 40 minutes or until cooked through.

Enjoy!

No comments: