8.20.2008

Mrs. K's Loaded Baked Potato Salad

I don't know exactly where I came up with this recipe. I think it has just sort of evolved over the years. Anyway it is delicious, and you should try it. The only thing I might caution you on is that if you cook the potatoes in any way other than boiling...they tend to dry out. So, in that sense it doesn't keep well, but you can always make extra "sauce" to add to it the next day and problem solved.

Here is what you need, and feel free to adjust the quantities to suit your own tastes:

  • 2 lbs of potatoes (if you are taking this to a BBQ for a group I would do the whole 5lbs bag) and I use the the little red ones. I wash them, but do not peel them.
  • A bottle of Ken's Buttermilk Ranch dressing
  • A pound of bacon cooked EXTRA EXTRA crispy. Cool it on a paper towel, and chop into tiny pieces.
  • 16 oz. of sour cream
  • 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
  • A few stalks of celery, finely chopped (enough to make a cup)
  • 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
  • 5 hard boiled eggs, chopped and cooled

1. I chop the potatoes into pretty small chunks and cook them in a frying pan with some butter and salt. Basically, you are making home fries. Put them to the side to cool.

2. The sauce. I hate mayo. So, I tried to make a similar consistency without a mayo taste or smell. Basically just mix the sour cream, ranch dressing, mayo, onion, and celery all together.

3. Toss the egg, potatoes, and bacon together together.

4. Mix the sauce in until everything is coated.

ENJOY!

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers
and starting a new initiative in a community in the same
niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on.
You have done a extraordinary job!
my web page: Site Link