11.02.2008

Squeeze The Cheese...

I can't remember why, but the other day Mr. K asked, "What's with you and cheese?".

Truthfully, I don't know, but I have always loved it. Maybe I get it from my grandfather because he ate cheese and crackers a lot when I was growing up. I like it on more than just crackers, though. It is a staple in my salads, a must on garlic bread, and even though Mr. K tells me not to, if I order the pizza it has to have extra cheese.

I don't consider myself a foodie, but cheese is one area where I like high quality and I will experiment a bit. And, its always been that way. Ever since I was very little my salad dressing of choice has been bleu cheese.

Cheese is also an area where I think organic is a must. Check out this site. It has a ton of information on why organic cheese is better tasting and better for you.

And, I am a huge advocate of doing a taste test. Make someone else set it up so they know which is which and you don't. Truly, this is the best way to prove to yourself that there is a difference and organic does taste better. I really haven't been let down yet. When I tried it with fresh pineapple, it changed my life.

I usually buy my cheese at Whole Foods. If you can pretty much find it at any grocery store these days.

No comments: