2.11.2009

Banana Quesadillas



So...I hate throwing food. I don't 100% know where this came from, but there you go.

To try to alleviate some of my issues around this I try to buy light. For example, Orowheat makes half loaves of bread. This is great on many levels because I don't have to rush to eat it before it goes bad...especially since Mr. K doesn't like the same bread I do and because he travels a great deal, so I don't have to worry as much about throwing away the rest of the loaf.

Sometimes, I try to beat things to the punch by figuring out creative ways to use things up before they go bad. This is what happened the other day. I had bananas and tortillas on the brink.

So....(drum roll)

I very ingeniously came up with banana quesadillas, and they are ultra yummy! I highly recommend you make them immediately.

Here is the recipe:


BANANA QUESADILLAS:

2 tortillas

1 banana

2 Tbl. cream cheese

2 Tbl. powdered sugar

2 Tbl. caramel sauce


1. In a bowl, mash together the cream cheese, the powdered sugar, and 1/2 the banana


2. Fry both tortillas on both sides in a tiny bit of butter until they are golden brown.


3. Place the banana mixture in between the 2 tortillas, and warm for another minutes.


4. Plate, and serve with whipped cream, the remaining banana (cut into wheels), and the caramel sauce.


OMG!!! So good!!!

No comments: