12.10.2008

Kathy's Potatoes


I went home for Thanksgiving this year. It was the 1st time I had been home for a holiday in 5 years and the first time in my entire life that I didn't have mashed potatoes. The reason was, Kathy had made these amazing roasted potatoes, and after tasting them there was no need to move on to another potatoes! They were that good!

Anyway, Mr. K wanted to cook our own turkey when we got home so we would have left overs to pick at. So, the Saturday after Thanksgiving we had our own mini version of the holiday, which included Kathy's roasted potatoes.

Here is the recipe. She uses red potatoes, but I made it with Yukon Gold.

1. Coat a glass baking dish with olive oil.

2. Chop potatoes into big chunks. If you are using smaller potatoes maybe just in half. Place them into the baking dish and coat with a little more olive oil.

3. Sprinkle potatoes with salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder. Just to your tastes, but you should be able to see the seasonings on each one.

4. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or so on the bottom shelf, until browned and cooked throughout.

Trust me. I am THE potato connoisseur to end all potato connoisseurs. These potatoes are delicious and easy. Try them...you'll love them!!!

P.S. This recipe might be equally as awesome with yams or sweet potatoes too!

No comments: