6.19.2008

Mrs. K's Flatbread Philly

They say not to shop when you are hungry, but this time it paid off! I found this Indian flat bread at Whole Foods the other day, and I thought it would be so yummy warmed with a little olive oil and herbs.

Anyway I ended up making these steak and cheese jobbies, and Mr. K said "This is the best thing you ever cooked...EVER!" Even though he meant it as a compliment, it was insulting because I threw it together in about 10 minutes...and I instantly recalled the numerous times I have been in the kitchen for hours at a time.

The bread was called NAAN, and it came in a few different flavors.

The meat was just a top sirloin that I cut into strips and marinated overnight in terryaki sauce. You can marinate in any sauce you like.

Here is the recipe:

1/2 lb. marinated top sirloin (cut into strips)
2 pieces of the NAAN
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbl olive oil
1/2 cup of cheese (whatever kind you like)

Preheat the oven to 350.

Lay 2 pieces of NAAN on a cookie sheet. Brush each with 1/2 tbl of olive oil. Sprinkle each with 1 and 1/2 cloves of minced garlic and 1/4 cup of cheese. Place cookie sheet in the center of the oven.

While, the bread is in the oven, saute the meat in a pan on medium heat for about 10 minutes.

Remove the bread from the oven and plate. Divide the strips of meat evenly over each one, and enjoy!

No comments: